Application Development - Run Team Manager
Are you an experienced Software Developer ready to take the next step and lead a team? Do you have a continuous improvement mindset along with the skills in process design? If so, then learn more about the Application Development – Run Team Manager role!
As a Run Team Manager, you will lead an applications development team in the maintenance and enhancement of existing company software applications. You will be responsible for ensuring our business-as-usual applications are meeting service levels, including the successful run of critical nightly processes. In this role, you will have a customer focused mind set, excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to work with business users throughout the organization, as well as your team.
Homesteaders provides consumer friendly insurance products to fund prearranged funerals through a network of independent funeral homes located throughout the United States. As a mutual life insurance company we exist to support our policy holders, funeral home customers and employees. We act with the highest level of integrity to promote the value of funeral service. Homesteaders is a leader in the industry and this pride and dedication starts with our employees!
Equivalent to high school graduation and a 4-year college/university degree in a job related field such as computer science OR equivalent work experience.
Three to five years of professional software development experience.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Experience developing with Microsoft.NET technologies, relational databases, web development technologies, COBOL, and SQL Reporting Services is preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft.Net application programming languages and SQL query writing language is required.
Experience with LifePro PAS, SalesLogix CRM, and PaperVision document imaging is a plus.
- Company sponsored group medical and dental insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Company-matched 401(k) Plan plus a Success Sharing program
- An all employee incentive pay program
- Great work schedule - 4 1/2 day work week year round. Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and until 1:00 p.m. on Friday
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Company supported training and development
- Beautiful west side building including a full service Cafeteria, walking trail and Fitness Center.
- Excellent starting pay!