Regional Director - Eastern Territory
Homesteaders Life, a West Des Moines based market leader in preneed insurance, is looking for an experienced, self-managed, sales leader to lead our team of nine traveling sales professionals covering 10 states in the Mid-Atlantic and Eastern Coast of the U.S. Founded in 1906, Homesteaders sells our life insurance products through a network of independent agents who represent funeral homes throughout the United States. With a singular focus on the success of our funeral home customers, our product’s sole purpose is to fund pre-arranged funerals. Under the direction of the VP – Field Sales, the Regional Director provides oversight, coaching, and development in support of the sales teams’ success.
While preference is for candidate to live in the region, consideration may be given to those living near a major airport hub.
More specifically, the responsibilities of the position include:
- Proactively coach, train, and guide team members in achieving success in the acquisition, retention and growth in their accounts.
- Maintain on-going, long-term relationships with funeral home customers, agents, and third party marketing organizations.
- Assist in the maintenance and oversight of an effective data base of customer contact information, progress reports, call activity and account activity.
- Proactively advocate for utilization of products and programs that will build stronger relations and assist in the achievement of established quotas.
Successful candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor degree preferred with emphasis in marketing, communications or business.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing traveling sales professionals with preference given to the sale of a financial services product. Experience in the funeral industry also a plus.
- A willingness to travel up to 75% of the time by car or air in the assigned territory. Must maintain a valid driver’s license at all times.
- A proven track record of effectively leading, coaching, and development of a successful team that consistently achieve sales goals.
- Exceptional communications skills along with analytical and organizational skills designed to motivate others to succeed.
- Be self-managed. demonstrating initiative in accomplishing assigned goals with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to follow through on tasks and expectations.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate state licensing to sell life insurance.
- Competitive base pay with attractive quarterly and annual sales awards based on territory success.
- Depending on residency location, a company car may be provided.
- Reimbursed expense account for business and travel related expenses and cell phone use.
- Company provided iPad, iPhone, and laptop.
- Company sponsored group medical and dental insurance with the Company paying approximately 80% of monthly premium.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Company-matched 401(k) Plan with a guaranteed match of the first 3% of deferral.
- Profit-sharing program.