Marketing Communications Specialist
The Homesteaders Marketing & Communications department is looking for an energetic team player who is creative and success-oriented. If you have three to five years of experience working in a marketing department or advertising agency environment, have excellent writing skills and want to broaden your skills, this could be the opportunity for you!
Qualified candidates should have exceptional communication skills – writing and speaking – with a flair for creativity and an eye for proofreading and editing. On any given day, you will be responsible for creating, distributing and coordinating sales, marketing and editorial content. Responsibilities will also include developing and/or directing development of tools to support content (such as infographics, images and videos) as well as quality assurance, fact checking, compliance and proofreading. Successful candidates will be adept at delivering both B2C and B2B content for print and digital mediums.
The Homesteaders marketing team is driven to help achieve our corporate goals by understanding the marketplace, managing a strong brand and providing marketing services that support our company vision. We do this by providing creative, results-driven, B2B and B2C marketing and communications support to help our company and our customers succeed.
Homesteaders is a 113-year-young nationally leading insurance company that uses advanced marketing disciplines to manage its brand and engage customers from across the country. If this sounds like an exciting challenge and great fit, we encourage you to apply!
- Four-year degree in marketing, communications, journalism, PR or other related field.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in marketing content development and coordination, including digital and print; preference given to candidates with experience in insurance and B2C communication.
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to write dialog for marketing, public relations, sales tools, web content, corporate communications, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of and/or proficiency with the following applications and utilities:
- Microsoft Office products (Exchange/Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Marketing automation applications such as HubSpot, Pardot and/or Marketo
- CRM applications such as InforCRM, SalesForce and/or HubspotCRM
- Adobe CC applications such as InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Company-sponsored group medical and dental insurance
- Company-provided life insurance
- Company-matched 401(k) plan
- An all employee incentive pay program
- Great work schedule - 4.5-day work week year-round. (Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and until 1 p.m. on Friday)
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Company-supported training and development
- Beautiful facilities including a full-service cafeteria, walking trail and fitness center
- Excellent starting pay!