Homesteaders Life Company
IT Application Summer Internship - Summer 2023
The IT Application Development internship is part of a ten-week summer professional internship program. The program will consist of a focused project in the subject area of the internship, working closely with a leader who will mentor you. The program includes a number of personal and professional development opportunities. High performing interns may be offered full-time positions post-graduation. Summer internships are located in West Des Moines, Iowa.
What You’ll Do:
Homesteaders Life Company will be seeking out a strong, energetic student for an internship position within the IT department focusing on software development. You will be part of a larger agile project team with a goal of creating a software solution to solve an identified business problem. For more information on Homesteaders go to: www.homesteaderslife.com
As part of this internship, not only will you be part of a project which is impactful to the organization, you will also gain experience with the following technologies:
- Azure DevOps
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Java Script
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure
You will be paid a competitive hourly rate for the internship. In addition, many interns may receive academic credit for their work through their college or university.
What We’re Looking For:
- Students who will be completed their sophomore year during Spring 2023.
- Someone available for full-time work from June to August, 2023
- Open to a hybrid working environment
- An interest in pursuing a career with Homesteaders Life Company post-graduation
Other Key Requirements:
- Pursuing a 4-year degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other related majors
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Passion for technology and solving problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Outlook)