Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Are you ready to be a part of an exciting and growing organization? Are you fluent in Spanish and ready to enhance the service and support we provide to our Spanish speaking customers? Are you a customer-oriented individual looking for a new career opportunity? If so, then our Bilingual Customer Service Representative position may be for you!
As a Bilingual CSR, you will take calls from Spanish and English speaking policy owners, agents, funeral home customers and marketers throughout the country. While most communication will be on the phone, you will also engage with customers by email and written communication. In this role, you will work with other areas of the organization to provide translation as well as cultural input on our diverse market initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to share your bilingual talent, as well as your cultural perspective and background.
Homesteaders provides consumer friendly insurance products to fund prearranged funerals through a network of independent funeral homes located throughout the United States. As a mutual life insurance company we exist to support our policy holders, funeral home customers and employees. We act with the highest level of integrity to promote the value of funeral service. Homesteaders is a leader in the industry and this pride and dedication starts with our employees!
Requirements for the position include:
- Equivalent to high school graduation and completion of a two-year associate degree program in a job-related field is preferred.
- Five or more years of customer service experience involving extensive phone work in a team environment.
- Insurance experience and knowledge preferred
- Spanish/English Language – must be fluent in English and Spanish with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to use a wide range of information and procedures; to exercise independent judgment, assemble, analyze facts and situations, and determine proper action to enhance services to funeral home accounts, agents, and policy owners.
- Strong oral communication skills in both Spanish and English with a demonstrated ability to listen well, use correct grammar, and handle all types of calls professionally calmly and with a positive attitude.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook required.
- Company sponsored group medical and dental insurance
- Company provided life insurance
- Company-matched 401(k) Plan plus a Success Sharing program
- An all employee incentive pay program
- Great work schedule - 4 1/2 day work week year round. Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and until 1:00 p.m. on Friday
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Company supported training and development
- Beautiful west side building including a full service Cafeteria, walking trail and Fitness Center.
- Excellent starting pay
Please submit resume (and cover letter) in English.