Senior Security and Network Administrator
We're looking for a highly knowledgeable, detailed and energetic Security and Network Administrator to join our Information Services team!
Under direct supervision of the VP, IT Networking and Security, this position will create and maintain corporate security policies, create and maintain a Security Audit Framework to be used to test and monitor all aspects of corporate network security. Provide monitoring and maintenance support for all networked systems and support of the Help Desk personnel.
More specifically, the Senior Security and Network Administrator will:
- Create and maintain IT Security Policy documents.
Create and maintain Security Audit Framework to be used in performing internal audit of network hardware\software components.
Periodically perform security assessment of network hardware\software components based off of Security Audit Framework. Assist in remediation of issues as appropriate.
Periodically provide security training for employees and testing of employee security preparedness.
Perform security monitoring of all network components with an emphasis on proactive alerting of security related incidents.
Research and recommend security related hardware/software products suitable for company business needs and requirements.
Assist in maintaining corporate hardware systems (servers, print servers, network switches, network firewall, etc.). Conduct diagnostic procedures on hardware/software when necessary to identify and correct errors or system failures.
Maintain operating system and application software systems developed by company personnel or licensed from outside vendors to meet current and projected business requirements in a timely manner.
Assist in maintenance and support of network backup systems.
Provide support for Help Desk employees on problems that require escalation.
Install, configure and test application and operating system patches when appropriate.
Maintain IT Business Continuity documentation when changes are made to network hardware\software infrastructure and security settings or processes when appropriate. Assist in testing Business Continuity plan when appropriate.
Assist in maintaining inventory and support documentation of all software components utilized.
Assist in maintaining support documentation of all networking components utilized (servers, LAN switches, routers, etc.).
Assist in maintaining software licensing compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience in information services; MBA degree or some level of post-graduate schooling preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience in information services with strong emphasis on security related functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in assessing network problems, developing solution options, and implementing those solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be a highly motivated, focused and detailed individual.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision, but also the ability to work in a team environment with both technical and non-technical employees.
- Competency in working with network components at an expert level consisting of LAN based servers, network switching equipment, etc.
Company sponsored group medical and dental insurance
Company provided life insurance
Company-matched 401(k) Plan plus a Success Sharing program
An all employee incentive pay program
Great work schedule - 4 1/2 day work week year round. Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and until 1:00 p.m. on Friday
Paid vacation and sick leave
Company supported training and development
Beautiful west side building including a full service Cafeteria, walking trail and Fitness Center.
Excellent starting pay!